Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two Country Visits in One Ticket

I left the travel agency a few days ago not getting any better result than what I have searched. Gave me the impression too that if agents are all like that lady who attended to me, I wouldn't be surprised if more and more people would prefer booking online instead.

Anyway, I am arranging a trip to the Philippines from Canada. Most of the flights are in the range of 1,200-1500US$, two way. Since I would not be sure of my return date, rebooking the ticket would sum up to 1350-1650$.

But I found a better option. Via Japan Airlines! I can book a 700$ one way ticket with an option for a stopover for one week via Tokyo or Osaka (or both!). And then just use the budget airline Cebu Pacific Air onward to Manila from Osaka. *There's a downside, Cebu Pacific only takes 15 kgs of baggage, but well the balikbayan box has solved my problem.

I am getting more and more confident with these kinds of bookings. After all, I went to Canada before via a US stopover. On the ground I just went around NY, Washington DC and Connecticut. And previous to that, I went to Iceland via Sweden. And Austria via Slovakia. And still previous to that, Germany via the United Arab Emirates, visiting friends in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

This way, for a small premium, if not free, you get to visit many countries with one ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment